So much can happen in one year. When I look back at the last 12 months, I often think about things I would’ve liked to do or wanted to have accomplished by now.
You can keep dreaming and make plans in your head, but by writing them down they become much more tangible. Checking a goal off your list can be really satisfying.
It’s time to make a list of all the things I want to do and accomplish and make them SMART. Seeing my goals written down makes it’s easier for me to accomplish them.
Because I turned 32 years old this year, I came up with 32 goals I want to achieve this upcoming year.
1. Move to the beach
2. Set up yearly, monthly, weekly and daily blog goals
3. Update baby books
4. Travel to at least one place I have never been
5. Set time blocks for working out
6. Plan more girls night outs
8. Regularly practice yoga
9. Spend one on one time with each child
10. Cook healthier (complete 100 Days of Real food)
11. Create more recipes
12. Family dinners every Sunday
13. Start a book club
14. Improve photography
15. Do something outside my comfort zone at least once a month
16. Invest + save
17. Update finance system
18. Learn to coupon
19. Date my spouse MORE
20. Visit museums
21. Get involved more, volunteer
22. Start a garden even if it is just herbs
23. Keep plants alive
24. Create a photosystem + photo books
25. Update family photos
26. Start the international adoption process
27. Discover new music (monthly Spotify playlists)
28. Read more books (32 books by 33)
29. Color, draw and paint more often
30. Simplify home: donate unused household items
31. Clean out/ simplify wardrobe: donate clothes
32. Live in the present, find joy in the simple things, practice gratitude and love with my whole heart
What goals do you have for yourself this year? Make a list and start working on accomplishing your goals. I always hear people talk about things they wish they did or had time for. This is how I’m making time for it! Give it a try and let me know how it goes!
Phoebe Phelan at Simply Beachy